Last year, I did weekly fantasy football roundups here on the Thigh. I'd provide various rankings, projections, injury news, and just good fantasy football articles I came across around the web(here's an example from week 17 of last season: Fantasy Football Roundup). I'd also offer some fantasy football analysis of my own and won't do that for this one, but you can see my quarterback keeper rankings, running back keeper rankings, and wide receiver keeper rankings.
I'm going to change it up a little bit for this roundup and include some draft kits I come across. Those should contain a ton of great stuff that you can use for your upcoming draft(s).
If you find any great fantasy football material that fits what I'm doing here that is not included in this post, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'll consider adding it to this post.
And if you already had your draft, blame yourself or your league commissioner. A lot of injuries will happen and there's key position battles everywhere, so you can really get screwed if you have the draft this early.
I plan on updating this a lot over the next few weeks so keep checking back.
Note: These are in no particular order...
- Draft Kits: Armchair Association(highly recommend this), Bruno Boys(featuring great stuff from our friend Sarah Spain), ESPN, Fox Sports, KFFL, Rotoworld, The Mac Bros., Sports Illustrated, Yahoo, Fanball, Fantasy Football Challenge, Fanhouse, NFL.Com, RotoExperts, Nova Fantasy Sports, RotoRob.
- Projections: Accuscore, ESPN, Fantasy Sharks, FootballDocs, CBS Sports, NFL.Com, Fantasy Football Challenge, WhatIfSports, Bleacher Report, TSN, FF Today, The Huddle.
- Rankings: CBS Sports, Fox Sports, KFFL, NFL.Com, Pro Football Weekly, Junkyard Jake, FF Toolbox, The Mac Bros., Sports Illustrated, Fantasy Sharks, Fantasy Phenoms, Us Tailgate, Souvenir City, Razzball, Bruno Boys, Fantasy Football Jungle, WalterFootball, Fanhouse, FootballDocs, The Fantasy Football Geek Blog, The Football Expert, FF Today, FFBaller, The Daily Blitz.
- Injury Concerns: Brian Westbrook, Donnie Avery, Antonio Bryant, Mark Clayton, Jonathan Stewart, Knowshon Moreno, Bernard Berrian, Kenny Britt, Carson Palmer, Chaz Schilens, Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton, Pierre Thomas.
- Is fantasy football a game of luck, skill, or both? Fantasy Phenoms examines.
- Great chat with Roger Rotter of Fox Sports.
- Fanhouse's 12-team mock draft.
- Rotoworld examines the second-year receiver hype.
- Fantasy Football Fools look over the top 24 running backs by average draft position.
- Bruno Boys tell us what running backs are rising by average draft position.
- Is Steven Jackson too risky to be a top-5 pick? Ken Daube of ESPN tells you.
- Razzball gives you 10 super sleepers.
- RB sleepers and busts from Armchair Association.
- KFFL compares 2nd-year running backs Chris Johnson and Steve Slaton.
- Yahoo looks at the touchdown vultures.
- Dave Richard of CBS Sports advises that you don't reach for rookie running backs.
- FF Today gives you some high risk/high reward players.
- Evan Silva at Rotoworld tells us why WR Davone Bess could be a PPR stud.
- Sean Brennan at Fantasy Football Sharks writes about the tight end dilemma.
- Percy Harvin is looking like a great fantasy option as Rotoworld's Chris Wesseling writes.
- Razzball gives us some fantasy impressions from the first weekend of preseason.
- 10 facts you need to know about Philip Rivers from Sports Data Hub.
- Razzball has an awesome fantasy football team name generator.
- Jamey Eisenberg of CBS Sports is right when he says, "Vick is a fantasy waste of time in 2009".
- Brett Favre, fantasy quarterback? All yours says Scott Pianowski of Yahoo.
- Like me, Gregg Rosenthal of Rotoworld doesn't think Brett Favre is much of an upgrade over Sage Rosenfels if even at all, and not much better for fantasy . They have Favre ranked as the 22nd best quarterback.
- Fanhouse tell us who the most consistent fantasy performers are.
- A gigantic 30-team mock draft from CBS Sports. So basically the entire league gets drafted.
- The Mac Bros. tell us what you're wearing on draft day says about your fantasy chances.
- The art of targeting... great article from Fantasy Phenoms.
- Midwest Sports Fans gives us some late round sleepers.
- ESPN's Eric Karabell shows us how the second ESPN fantasy expert mock draft was quite different from the first one.
- Evan Silva of Rotoworld gives us the latest on important position battles to watch.
- R.J. White at Fanhouse looks at a close call: Tony Romo vs. Matt Schaub.
- Fantasy Phenoms' Jason Sarney looks at good flex options.
- Brandon at The Fantasy Football Geek Blog brings you the running back handcuff index.
- Second-tier quarterbacks may be the way to go says Eric Edholm of Pro Football Weekly.
- Matthew Berry of ESPN shows his top 200.
- Fox Sports' Roger Rotter thinks Adrian Peterson's numbers will increase with Brett Favre there.
- Due to their injuries and question marks, Fantasy Football Fools wonder if Reggie Bush and Brian Westbrook are worth your draft picks.
- FFBaller give us the deep sleeper stars of the preseason.
- Ebony Bird provides some last minute fantasy football advice.
- Rotoworld has some last minute draft notes.
- Bob Biscigliano at Detroit4lyfe gives you an amazing list of hilarious fantasy football team names.
- Evan Silva at Rotoworld provides the latest on key position battles.
- CBS Sports' Dave Richards writes about the contract-year players to keep in mind.
- 10 names you need to know from Christopher Harris of ESPN.
- Tom Herrera of Fanhouse explains how the Browns' James Davis is a name to keep an eye on.
- You might think you have a sleeper in Chris Henry, but everybody else feels the same way says The Scores Report.
- Top Fantasy Football wonders if strength of schedule matters for fantasy football.
- Fantasy Football Brothers give their sleepers and busts for each team.
- Wait until the last round to draft a kicker as Lester's Legends explains.
- Rotoworld updates us on the stock of some players for keeper leagues.
Update(8/15): I've added a four guys to the injury concerns: Jonathan Stewart, Knowshown Moreno, Bernard Berrian, and Kenny Britt. They might be spending the season in their beds.
I also added a Rotoworld article on Percy Harvin, a Razzball write-up on what we've learned from the first weekend preseason for fantasy, and an article about what you should know about Philip Rivers before you decide whether to draft him high or not from Sports Data Hub.
Update(8/17): Razzball's fantasy football team name generator added, as well as an article from CBS Sports about why you shouldn't waste your time drafting Michael Vick this year.
I've also put Carson Palmer in the injury concerns, as he has a high ankle sprain and will at least miss the next preseason game. Something to keep an eye on.
Update(8/19): Raiders second-year wide receiver Chaz Schilens added to the injury concerns. He was looking like JaMarcus Russell's top target and is going to be out awhile.
Added articles from Yahoo and Rotoworld about Brett Favre(I hate even mentioning his name) and how he should do for fantasy. Also, an article from Fanhouse about the consistency kings for fantasy, a 30-team mock draft from CBS Sports, how what you're wearing on draft day gives away how your fantasy season will go, and a great write-up on the art of targeting certain players/types of players from Fantasy Phenoms.
Just put a great article from Midwest Sports Fans projecting some late round sleepers.
Update(8/24): Put in the links to a second mock draft done by the ESPN fantasy experts, Fanhouse's examination of Tony Romo versus Matt Schaub, a look at quality flex options from Fantasy Phenoms, a very cool "running back handcuff index" from The Fantasy Football Geek Blog, and an explanation from Pro Football Weekly of why it might be better off to just wait for the second-tier quarterbacks in your draft.
Also, updated my quarterback, running back, and wide receiver keeper rankings. I'll of course continue to update this over the next two to three weeks, so keep checking back.
Update(8/28): Matthew Berry's rankings for his top 200 players added, as was an article from Fox Sports about Brett Favre's impact on Adrian Peterson, a piece from Fantasy Football Fools on Reggie Bush and Brian Westbrook, an FFBaller article about sleepers we've found this preseason, and some last minute advice from Rotoworld and Ebony Bird.
Just put in a draft kit from RotoRob as well.
Update(8/29): Awesome post from our good buddy Bob at Detroit4lyfe added, where he's made or found a bunch of hilarious names you can use for your fantasy football teams. Definitely check that out and give him a thigh five.
Update(8/31): Included some rankings from FFBaller, a look at key position battles from Rotoworld, contract-year players to keep in mind from CBS Sports, and an article from Fanhouse on James Davis.
Also, I removed Beanie Wells from the injury concerns, and added Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton to the list.
Update(9/5): Added rankings from The Daily Blitz which were updated yesterday, an article from The Scores Report about how wide receiver Chris Henry is no longer a sleeper, a piece from Top Fantasy Football which takes a look at the importance of strength of schedule for fantasy football, sleepers and busts for every team from Fantasy Football Brothers, an article from Lester's Legends about why you should wait until the last round to draft a kicker, and a Rotoworld article about players whose stock has changed for keeper leagues.
I also put Pierre Thomas in the injury concerns, as he's questionable for the opener against the Lions due to an MCL sprain.
Get The Latest Thigh Updates By Following Us On Twitter.